Round Three Review

Round Three Review

SUCCESSFUL DAY BACK AT THE TROTT

Our Men’s sides played their first games on the Trott for the year and won two very important matches. The Seniors played the brand of footy that we have come to expect and looked very good defeating Old Carey. The Development boys had the game well and truly won before conceding a few late goals, meaning the result looked closer than it really should have been.

Across the road on the Ross Gregory, (and a big thanks to our friends at Powerhouse F.C for allowing our girls to play there), we notched up another two great wins. The Development girls had a forfeit as La Trobe couldn't field a second side, but the story of the day was the Senior girls who kicked their highest score since the team started back in 2017 to win by 72 points.

The Men’s Thirds battled hard all day but went down to Uni Blacks. With so many players unavailable in the Senior boys’ teams, it was a big effort just to get a team on the park. The Under 19s went out to Ivanhoe to play a good team and, with injuries and no bench for most of the day, the boys put in a terrific effort to only go down by a couple of goals. If we maintain effort like this every week, we will win most of our games, especially with the return of a few key players for next game.

A massive thanks to Sue Lee and Rosemary Nancarrow for their tireless work at the club on Saturday. We must also thank Darryl and Sue Hunt for their work on the BBQ. It was fitting that the Bouchiers meat raffle was won by, none other than, Sue Hunt; certainly a well deserving winner. We hear that son Taylor has already eaten most of it.

This is the third year we have awarded the Capt. Robert Grieve Medal to a player from the Senior Men’s and Senior Women’s teams on the ANZAC weekend games. Capt. Robert Grieve was a Wesley VC winner and an ex-Collegians player. This year the award winners were Luke McCleary for the Men's and Georgia Stirton for the Women's. Congratulations to both players on winning this prestigious award.

See you at the footy

Rocket (Co-President)

Membership Packs

Last week we finalised the 2019 Membership Packs to be handed out to our members. If you were not at the game on Saturday and did not receive yours, it will be mailed out on Wednesday. Members who have signed up within the last week or two will receive their pack in the mail in two weeks. New members are entitled to a scarf with their membership pack. If you do not have a scarf or are wishing to grab a new one for this season, you can get one from upstairs next home game. Thank you again to all our members for signing up and go Lions!

PS It’s not too late to get on board. We are always looking for new members and there is plenty value as we’re only three rounds through!

Looking ahead

This week there is only one game at the Harry Trott with our Men’s Thirds playing at 9:20am. Our Under 19s have a bye. Our two women’s sides both play out in Bundoora taking on RMIT University and our men’s sides take on Old Brighton at Brighton.

Old Brighton are hosting a lunch this week and are welcoming any Collegians supporters that wish to attend. If you are interested please email their President Shane Young on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

BBQ ROSTER – still some spots to fill

A big thank you to those who have already volunteered to help with our home match-day BBQs this season.  There are still some spots to fill, so please click on the link below and if you can assist on the dates/times highlighted, please contact Sue Lee (0421040244)

Round 4 Fixture

Saturday May 4th

Men's Seniors vs. Old Brighton 

Brighton Beach Oval - 2:00pm 

Men's Development vs. Old Brighton

Brighton Beach Oval - 11:40am 

Women's Seniors vs. RMIT University 

Bundoora Oval - 2:00pm 

Women's Development vs. RMIT University

Bundoora Oval - 12:00pm 

Men's Thirds vs. Old Scotch 

Harry Trott Oval - 9:20am 

Men's Under 19s vs. BYE

Collegians Abroad

Pictured below, is a proud Collegians family representing the club abroad; at the base of Mount Everest to be specific. Ex-Collegian Rob Pocknee, with son Will Pocknee and daughter Kate Pocknee,  both of whom currently play for the club. Great to see them waving the flag and hopefully getting a few recruits for season 2020.

GO LIONS!

Facebook Feed