Round Sixteen Review

Round Sixteen Review

Image

Dear [[Firstname]],

BACK IN THE FOUR

After toughing it out at the snake pit against St Bernard’s and coming away with a four-point win, the Senior men now find themselves back in fourth spot and a game clear at that.

St Bernard’s are always tough to beat at home and this week was no different. The boys knew what the end game was and, although we missed some easy goals and had players pull out on both Friday and Saturday, they still got the job done.

A win this coming weekend against De La Salle at the Trott and, if Xavs beat Old Brighton, we are clear in fourth spot no matter what happens in round 18. Old Brighton are playing very well and, at home, may well beat Xavs; so we just have to keep winning to secure fourth spot.

If we secure fourth spot, our opponent will be St Kevin’s and what a game the first Semi would be, between the previous 2 years grand finalists.  But let’s first secure fourth spot then worry about that.

The Development boys also had a really solid win out at St Bernard’s with 9 different goal kickers to win by 30 points. It was also good to see young Matty Warren get through the game and put his hand up for maybe senior selection in the coming weeks.

The Unders came up against a very strong Old Brighton team; and we saw why they are currently on top. But, with the inclusion of quite a few school players, they had a full bench this week, displaying some good signs. Although, they started to run out of legs as not enough of the young players get to training regularly.

The Men’s Thirds didn’t get a team up this week. So, this needs plenty of work over the summer to make sure we are not in the same position next year.

PRESIDENTS’ RAFFLE:

It is imperative we sell at least 250 if not 300 tickets to our Presidents’ Raffle this week. The financial stability of the club relies on this fund raiser so please see the attached link and buy your ticket(s) to help the club out and go into the draw with a chance to win first prize of $ 5,000.

We need your support so please buy your ticket ASAP.

Thanks.

See you at the Footy,

Rocket & Hibbo

Presidents' Raffle

We are only 4 days away from the 2019 edition of our Presidents' Raffle. We are imploring everyone who purchased a ticket previously, or who is yet to buy one, to get on board in the coming days!

The 2019 Presidents' Raffle draw will take place on Saturday August 24th after we take on De La Salle at the Trott. A massive day with a spot in finals on the line and a lunch upstairs to begin the day. 

This is our chance to become a winner of this great prize, with our previous winners including:

2015 - Brett Jefferson

2016 - Seamus Hobbs

2017 - Delcho Bobeff

2018 - Tom Penberthy

2019 - ???

We want to continue to be the premier club in the division and be playing finals footy every year, so we need to ensure the ongoing financial security of the club.  It is imperative that we sell 300 tickets for this year’s raffle.

Drinks and finger food will be provided to all ticket holders between 5.30pm and 7.30pm.

Tickets are $100 with a major prize of up to $5,000.   

The final figure will be dependent on ticket sales.  

The more tickets you have, the more chances to win and the greater the prize pool. 

Make sure you don't miss out on the opportunity to be involved again in 2019.

How to purchase:

Call Greg Tregear on 0448 545 180

Email Greg Tregear at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Follow the link below and purchase online

FINAL HOME LUNCH FOR 2019 - THIS SATURDAY!

We are celebrating the 60 year reunion of our 1959' Premiership hero's. This will be a tremendous lunch, with our guest speaker being the incoming principle of Wesley College, and former Collegian himself, Nick Evans.

Saturday 24 August.

12:00pm-2:00pm

Book now to ensure you don’t miss out.

Image

GO LIONS!

Image

Facebook Chatter

Collegians Football Club 

Facebook Feed