Round Six Review

Round Six Review

DON’T WE JUST LOVE BEING AT THE TROTT

With 3 wins from 6 teams and the other 3 games, all very respectable, this was a good weekend for the mighty Lions.

Both senior teams had good wins, with the men winning by 58 points over St Bernard’s and the women by 46 points over Old Geelong up on the top oval. The Men’s Development team has now put together a couple of really convincing wins as well. Our Men’s Thirds, despite low numbers, were really competitive out at the Snake Pit and the Unders, playing under lights after the seniors, were right in the game. That is, until injuries took over and they only had 16 fit players during the last quarter. The Women’s Development girls took it right up to the top side and played one of their most competitive games this year.

Special mention to stand-in senior coaches Andrew Scott and Nick Abbott who did a mighty job coaching the Men’s Seniors while Shane was away interstate at his sister’s wedding. Well done boys; it shows the club is in good hands.

During our successful first Home Lunch last Saturday, we launched the Collegians Future Fund. The OWCA have said they will match all contributions each year up to $ 20,000. So our target is to raise up to this figure with these tax deductible contributions from members and friends of Collegians and, with June 30 fast approaching, we will be getting the forms from the Australian Sports Foundation next week to enable this to happen.

We also launched our 2019 Wine Drive with Daniel Hopkins from Tellurian Wines. Daniel provided us a nice sample of Tellurian’s range and many orders were taken, with hopefully many more to come. With a 20% discount for Collegians orders and then a further rebate back to the club, everyone is a winner with this Collegians Tellurian wine drive.

See you at the footy

Rocket & Hibbo

COLLEGIANS WINE DRIVE FOR 2019

As another home lunch passes, we had the very successful launch of the 2019 Collegians Wine Drive. With Daniel Hopkins and Tellurian Wines set up in front of the lunch, it was great to see so many members and lunch attendees putting in their order. This is a great initiative for both Tellurian and Collegians, having great success in recent years.

The Wine Drive will conclude at the next home lunch, the 22nd of June against Old Brighton, so make sure you don't miss out! In order to get the best prices on the best wine, make sure you order today through www.tellurianwines.com.au using PROMO CODE: CFC2019 or by filling out the below document and sending it to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Membership

Coming up on Friday the 31st of May is our first Coterie Lunch for season 2019. This exclusive event is filling fast but there is still time to buy your membership and get involved! There is still plenty of value and time to come in the season, with another three club lunches to come. We implore anyone who may be considering a membership to get on board and help the mighty Lions as we find some form on and off the field!

Looking Ahead

If you want to see your 'Lions share' of football this week you will have to get on your bike, with all teams away minus our Thirds side who are on the Harry Trott. Our Senior Men's, Men's Development and Under 19's all take on Old Trinity Grammarians out at their home ground in Kew. Great clashes ahead, as our Senior and Development sides look to keep the ball rolling. Our Women's sides clash with Caulfield Grammarians at Glen Huntly oval. Our Senior Women's currently sit in third position, taking on fifth, with the potential to entrench ourselves in the top four with a win.

Saturday May 25th

Men's Seniors @ Old Trinity Grammarians

Daley Oval Trinity Grammar Playing Fields - 2:00pm

Men's Development @ Old Trinity Grammarians

Daley Oval Trinity Grammar Playing Fields - 11:40am

Women's Seniors @ Caulfield Grammarians

Glen Huntly Oval - 11:40am

Women's Development @ Caulfield Grammarians

Glen Huntly Oval - 9:20am

Men's Thirds vs. Old Xaverians

Harry Trott Oval - 9:20am

Men's Under 19s @ Old Trinity Grammarians

Hudson Oval Marles Playing Fields - 2:15pm

Facebook Feed