Round Five Review

Round Five Review

WE ARE BUILDING

A much better weekend just passed, and despite a couple of unlucky results it could have been a lot better. Great wins by the Senior Men’s and Development sides, followed up by a good strong performance by both Women’s teams on Sunday.

The Unders and Thirds still have a fair bit of room for improvement and hopefully in the next couple of weeks with players coming back both these teams will get a few wins on the board.

The Senior Men could have kicked a huge score with 40 scoring shots to 12, despite this, we are more than happy with a 70 point win at De La Salle, which has proven to be a tough assignment in recent years. Our Men’s Development side were simply fantastic playing a really good brand of footy and it was great to see a couple of renowned defenders going forward to make a difference in both sides.

The girls battled really hard against a good Old Xavs outfit at Xavier College on Sunday morning. Some great backline coaching from Al Fahie in the Women’s Development game and great pressure from the girls meant Old Xavs only scored one goal after half time.

The Senior Women’s played out a really hard-fought game, the high pressure and skill on display for everyone to see. Unfortunately coming up a few goals short, in what was a very entertaining game for the big crowd who really seemed to enjoy the contest.

This week get to lunch at the Trott and then see big games against St Bernards in the men’s and Old Geelong in the Women’s.

See you at the footy

Rocket & Hibbo

Home Lunch / Wine Drive

This week we are hosting our first official lunch for season 2019, as our Men’s side take on St.Bernards and our Women’s take on Old Geelong. We also have the special treat of seeing our future, the Under 19’s, playing on the Harry Trott following the Senior Men’s game. This is a great opportunity for all Under 19 parents to get involved as they are playing later, under lights. We will be interviewing coach Andrew Kenneally as a part of the day’s proceedings.

Additionally, this is the launch of:

COLLEGIANS WINE DRIVE FOR 2019

This is a great opportunity to get to lunch and sample the great range of wines from our sponsor, Tellurian Wines, with wines available to take home on the day. We have run in this in previous years with great success, with plenty of happy customers! There will be in-depth information about the wine drive released tomorrow, so stay tuned!

Membership

With still four lunches to go including this week, it’s not too late to get a membership and get plenty of value! Coming up this weekend is our lunch and if you are interested in becoming involved in the Coterie Membership Group for season 2019 you still have a chance, with our first lunch on the 31st of May.

Looking Ahead

It’s looking like a great weekend of football this weekend coming up the ever-formidable St. Bernards and Old Geelong. A great opportunity to get down and see the players of our future, scheduled at 4:45pm following the Men’s Seniors game on the Harry Trott. Whilst it has been a challenging year so far, they have showed a lot of promise and are looking forward to playing in front of a big crowd!

Saturday May 18th

Men's Seniors vs. St. Bernards 

Harry Trott Oval - 2:00pm 

Men's Development vs. St. Bernards

Harry Trott Oval - 11:40am 

Women's Seniors vs. Old Geelong 

Albert Park Oval 1 - 1:45pm 

Women's Development vs. Old Geelong 

Albert Park Oval 1 - 11:40am 

Men's Thirds @ St. Bernards 

St. Bernards College - 11:40am 

Men's Under 19s vs. University Blacks

Harry Trott Oval - 4:45pm

Facebook Feed