Round Eleven Review

Round Eleven Review

Club Shutdown

After a big first eleven rounds, the football club will take a much-deserved break and shut down for the week. Our Men’s Senior, Development and Thirds sides will take two weeks off, with our Women and Under 19s back training next week with a game that weekend.

The win against Carey for our Senior Men’s side, has meant we have continued to consolidate our spot in the top four. Old Carey had a number of school players come into their Development side, which meant a terrific game of football, in which we fell just short.

The Women’s sides fought hard against St Bedes/Mentone Tigers, despite missing some key players. Both teams put up a fight right until the end, on what was a dark and dreary evening.

Our Thirds tried valiantly against, top of the table, Old Xaverians. They certainly did themselves no disservice the way they never gave up.

A week off to reset and welcome back players who have gone away or been injured. We are confident that all sides can generate some momentum in the back half of the season and finish off strongly.

Three Legged Lions

If you're looking for something to do with the week off Collegians, click the below link to listen to Nick Roach, Michael Cove and Ross Katsambanis discuss all things Collegians and the VAFA competition. These three are around the club and at the football just as much as anyone in our community, so you know that they know what they're talking about!

GO LIONS!

Image

Facebook Feed